Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Super Fast Food

I had a fast food experience today.

In that like....the fast food was actually fast.

Not that it's ever slow compared to sit down places.

But usually there's a 3-7 minute waiting process after you pull up to the window to a) pay for the order and b) wait for the order to come to you. 

Today though?

It felt like it was instantaneous even though I recognize that it wasn't.

Like I know that in preparation for the lunch/dinner rushes there will be food and just waiting there to be quickly bagged up.

And considering I dropped by Wendy's just before the actual lunch rush at around 11:30....it's not really a surprise that they were prepared.

But it was crazy.

As I ordered 3 different sandwiches, fries, and a drink (as I was grabbing food for my roommate as well) and they had me pull up to the first window.

Which was rather unusual because even though there are 2 windows at the Wendy's I usually order from....usually you just drive straight to the second window where you pay there and then receive your food afterwards.

But today they had me stop at the first window and pay there.

And then pull up to the second window where like I'd barely been stopped for like maybe 10 seconds before they had opened up the window to hand me my drink and my food.

lol it was definitely a magical feeling.

To have your food ready and waiting for you.

And I get that part of it is good preparation on part of the cooks in the kitchen who probably already had the sandwiches already made and waiting underneath a warming light so it was just a matter of grabbing the right foods and putting them all together in a bag.

But the other part of it is the fact that I stopped at the first window.

Like I only sat there for long enough to give the person my card, have them swipe it, hand it back and usher me to the next window.

So like maybe 30 seconds.

So I can see how the slight delay there of stopping at the first window would help the workers at the second window have slightly more time to prepare for my arrival there and have my drink ready.

Lol.

Totally the weirdest feeling to order food and like less than a minute later already have my food in hand.

It was AWESOME though.

So awesome.

Just the feeling of having near instantaneous food at my finger tips. 

It was great. ^^;;

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment