Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Calling Fulfilled

Years ago as a stake presidency, we felt impressed to call a good man as stake clerk.
At the time he was temporarily struggling with regular Church attendance.
We knew, however, that if he accepted the calling, he would do a marvelous job.

We extended the call, but he replied, "No, I don't think I can do it."

Then an impression came.
I said, "Well, I guess the Glendale stake won't have a stake clerk then."

Shocked, he responded, "What are you talking about?
You have to have a stake clerk."

I replied, "Do you want us now to call someone else to serve as a stake clerk when the Lord impressed us to call you?"

"OK," he said, "I'll do it."

And do it he did.
There are not only many men but also many boys who will respond to a call when they know the Lord is calling them and that the Lord needs them.

-Tad R. Callister -The Power of the Priesthood in the Boy -April 2013 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment