Wednesday, January 11, 2017

New Shoes

I'm the sort of person, where if I like something. I stick with it.

The problem with wanting to stick with the same thing though is simple.
Nothing ever stays the same. >.<
No, people are always trying to be fashionable and innovative and create the newest most amazing thing.

While in many cases, people like me....just want to buy the same thing they bought three years ago because that thing they bought three years ago is now broken and they want it back.

Ugh. Innovation.

I've encountered it time and time again.
Most often with Laptops really.
I get used to a certain look and style, and when it comes time to get a new one...that look and style is gone. *exhales*

But this post isn't about laptops. Even if I started it out that way.
No, this post is about shoes.

For you see, shoes also go through trends of innovation. Where people try to make them lighter, more fashionable, whatever.

Which is great, if you're into all that.

But when you're trying to find a regular pair of tennis shoes to wear to work and to hike around in....
It becomes difficult.
Oh so difficult.
Perhaps I'm looking for tennis shoes out of season or something.

Because the 'tennis shoes' the store I went to had to offer.
We rather flimsy things.

Basically made entirely of a mesh material.
-Which I know is suppose to help your feet be able to breathe and such.
But it really sucks if you get them wet because they can't keep out water worth anything.

I know.
Because I bought a pair of these shoes for work a bit back.
And they worked fine for a while.
Until, you know, my coworkers flooded the department like three times in a single week.
And while mopping the water, I discovered that the shoes really weren't resistant to said water.
So I switched to an older pair of tennis shoes, and what do you know? No mesh means no water inside my shoes and no wet socks to squelch around in.

Only now.
Those shoes have unfortunately gotten worn down enough that the sole is now separating from the rest of the shoe. Making a neat little hole.
Which if anybody decides to flood the department...or you know...if I have to go walk out in a snow storm...doesn't do much to keep my feet nice and dry.

So the search began.
For new work shoes.

And you know what I encountered?
Those annoying mesh athletic monstrosities masquerading as actual shoes. That's what I ran into.

*shakes head* While I was trying in vain to fine a pair of work shoes that would keep my feet dry without being a boring and ugly black color, one of the workers at the store was like "Are you doing alright?"
And I was like "Kinda...I'm trying to find new work shoes that are water proof. But these are all mesh."
And whaddaya know? She directed me to ugly black works shoes. While saying. "Oh I know that problem, these shoes are amazing." *points to mesh shoes* "I own them myself, but they do get wet, but I have this water protective spray I spray on them and it works just like a charm!"

Ever felt like face palming? I did just then.
What's the point of having shoes if they can't protect your feet? O.o
Why not make a shoe that doesn't need the 'water resistant spray?'

In any case.
After a bit of searching about.
I found a pair of shoes that I thought would work.
The only draw back to them...is that they don't have laces. Just bungee straps pretending to be laces that you can't adjust at all.
However, they are tight enough that I don't fear that I'm going to walk out of my shoes. lol. And comfortable enough that I was able to work my shift today without worrying.
I mean, there's still mesh to these shoes. But at least the designer was smart and put a thicker material on the side of the shoes so it's less likely my feet will get soaking wet if there is a flood....inside or outside of the store.

Plus. The shoes aren't black. Yay! They're a nice two tone blue shade. lol.

In any case. I definitely think they'll do for work.
...though Hiking through red rock country would be another story. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment