Sunday, January 8, 2017

The New Gang

I bought some new fish yesterday.

Since my 125 gallon fish tank was feeling rather empty with just one fish in it.

And me being semi-impatient. I decided that I'd waited long enough to let the tank 'settle down' again, and got more fish.

Four Glo Tetras to be exact. As I was left with one Blue Glo Tetra in the tank and I felt that the fish could use some buddies of his own kind.
So I got a Red, Orange, Green, and Purple Glo Tetra to go with my Blue one. :)

lol.
And I brought them home.
Got them into the house.
And Kikay basically attacked me at the door with "WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES?!"

"...I haven't named them yet. I figured I'd wait and see if they lived first."
"No, no. You need to name them! You should name them!"
"I'm just referring to them as the Rainbow Raiders for now. I'll come up with names later."
"You should name them now!"
"I'll consider it."

lol.
Kikay is big into naming things.
Honestly. I hadn't been planning to name my fish in the first place when I first started getting them for the 125.
It just kinda happened.
But with how most of them have died....I hadn't wanted to name them right away as I didn't want to get too attached to them.

Yet, Kikay insisted.
*exhales*
So after some consideration it was decided to go with a 'Theme"
Originally Kikay wanted them named after the Avengers.
But I didn't really want that for the Glo-Tetras. I'd been considering Avenger names for other fish instead.

Instead.
We named them after the Avatar Gang.
Orange -Aang, Red-Zuko, Green-Toph, Blue-Katara, and Purple-Sokka.

And so far....
So good. 24 hours and all five of them are still alive. :) lol
It feels rather good to have more than one fish swimming around in the tank again.
Especially since the Glo-Tetras are pretty active. Swimming all around and creating movement in the tank. :)
I definitely can't wait to get more.
But I can be patient.
I don't want to cause another die off again. :S

So for now. I'll enjoy watching the Avatar Gang swim about. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment