Friday, January 13, 2017

A Different Time

It has to be the weirdest thing, when I come into work at a different time than my usual early morning shift.
I mean, for the past year, I've basically had the same schedule. During the weekdays come in like 3 hours before we're open, the weekend shifts come in an hour later than the weekday shifts.

It's pretty well known that my schedule is basically set in stone. The only time it really changes is if people go on vacation or the managers need me to be in the store later than normal.

Today was one of those days.
Where I came in right as the store opened.

The reason why I had this later shift was because one of my coworkers was leaving on vacation -via plane- later the same day and so needed to work an earlier shift so she wouldn't miss her flight out of the state.

Understandable.

But so weird for me.
It's always slightly weird for me when I come in later than normal.
Because everything gets messed up.

My breaks are taken at different times.
I have different tasks to do.
I see a different sort of crowd.
-both driving into work, dealing with people at work, and driving home from work.

I also have a weird energy as well.
I usually  am a bit more vibrant I suppose.
I'm more active.
Because it's a different situation.
I'm staying later at work than normal.
Dealing with different people than normal.
It's, in a way, a higher stress zone for me.
Therefore, I'm more alert because it's not the usual expected things that go on.

Thankfully.
Work passed by quickly even if I had to stay a couple hours later than the normal time I would leave. :)
Also Thankfully this doesn't happen often, so I appreciate the randomness and the new experiences the different work shift brings. lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Editor's Note: I won't be posting for the next weekish due to a vacation located away from internet access. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment