Saturday, January 28, 2017

To Catch A Fish

I was helping a family at work today.
To get their first fish tank set up for their kids..
They had an adorable little boy around 3 years of age, who wanted a fish....
Until you asked him what fish he wanted.

You see, he only wanted the fish if he could catch it himself.
And no amount of coaxing by the parents could convince him otherwise.
And in typical toddler fashion threw a tantrum when told he couldn't catch the fish, but he could watch.

So he stormed off elsewhere.
And with the delay in fish catching,
I briefly broke away to help another customer until the Father brought the son back.
Holding him the father was like "You can't catch the fish, but I'm sure she'll let you hold the container that she's going to put the fish in."
Which sure. I could do that.
But the little boy wasn't having it. He didn't want to hold the container of water.

I'd already spent a lot of time with these customers, and was quite ready to finish up the last bit of catching their fish for them.
And with the little boy being difficult....

I caught one of the orange goldfish that he'd liked earlier, and then held out the net to the boy. "Here," I said, proffering him the handle. "How about you help me."
With the fish already in the net, and my hand on the 'stem' I directed the boy to pull back on the net. I lifted the fish out of the water and over to the container the father was holding in one hand, and had the boy 'turn' the net so I could place the fish into the water.
The boy wanted a second fish and with the father's approval I took the net and caught another fish before giving the boy the handle again to repeat the action.

Lol, I was in control the entire time, so the fish wasn't in any danger.
And I managed to make the boy's day and give some relief to his parents who were grateful that I 'let' the boy 'catch' fish. Because not even the dad could do that.

:)
I was glad to have everyone leave happy. :) ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment