Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Surprise Gift

A couple of evenings ago.
I received a message via Facebook from one of my coworkers.
-As I'd already gone home for the day from my shift.

She told me that there was a 'gift from Hercules and Dodger waiting for me in the Podium at work.'

O.o A gift?
From.....who?
Who would be giving me a gift? Especially this late after Christmas?
Who would be giving me a gift that knew my coworker?

It confused me for sure.
As I recognized the names Hercules and Dodger.
And for some reason I thought of dogs when I read it.
But I didn't know if my coworker even owned dogs by that name....nor why they'd even give me a present from their dogs. It didn't make any sense.

And I had the day off the next day too.
Which meant that if I really wanted to unravel who Hercules and Dodger was...I would need to drive into work on my day off and check it out.
....I don't like going into work on my days off. lol. I'm already there almost every day. No need to go there when I didn't have to. :)
Was I curious enough to find the answer to drive over there and see?

No. No I wasn't.
lol I ended up not making it to work.
Though I thought I had figured out the answer to who Hercules and Dodger were.
I thought they were the nicknames of two previous coworkers that were also friends with the coworker who left me a message.
Though again, why those two would leave me a present when I haven't seen them in months...I still didn't know. *exhales*

So I wasn't a hundred percent confident in my answer to who these two names were either.
I knew the names!! but nothing was coming to me.
Who would leave me a gift at work?? O.o

I got my answer this morning.

When I got to work, and opened the podium and saw:
Two Hershey's Cookies and Crème bars waiting for me.

It all came rushing back then.
I now had context with the names, and the story behind it. lol.

I don't even remember if I mentioned it here on the blog or not.
I think I did.
But it was months and months ago.
Like September or October?

When one of my favorite customers had come into the store.
The owner of my favorite dog duo.
Hercules and Dodger. lol

So I was correct in that they were dog names!! I just hadn't had the right cues to draw the answer when I wasn't at work.

You see, a few months back. The owner had come to the store to buy things for the doggie duo.
But had ended up being like $5 short.
I'd happened to have $5 on me at that point, and decided to do a good deed and use my $5 to help him pay for his purchases so he wouldn't have to put anything back.

He'd asked how he could repay me.
And I'd simply told him to bring me by a Hershey's Cookies and Crème bar the next time he dropped by the store.
But I hadn't really expected him to do so. lol. I was just doing a good deed for him, I wasn't expecting to get anything back.

Apparently he remembered though. ^^
And had brought them too the store! :D
lol I'm only sad I wasn't there to get them from him and the puppies in person. As I love seeing the doggie duo and haven't seen them in like six months or so it feels like.

Talk about a happy moment for sure. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment