Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Home Again Home Again

There's something invigorating about the Cold.

At least for me there is.
It seems rather rare to find people who like it when it snows, when the temperatures drop.

They prefer the sun, the heat, the warmth.
Me.
Not so much.
I wilt in the summer.
Despite having a summer birthday. lol.

Anything above about 80 is not good for me.

Which means, this recent little trip I took down south to the Caribbean....
Wasn't really my bowl of ice cream. lol.

I'm mean,  I had a ton of fun. Gotta get some sun, see some ruins, play with monkeys, sail the open seas.... :)

But it was hot. :(
I don't like hot.

And after a while...it seems to drain me. The heat.
To the point where I really just want to collapse into a pile of snow and lay there for an hour to cool off lol.

I'm pretty sure my family noticed it as well.
That I was less energetic...especially towards the end of the trip.

Why?
Because I was missing home.
Missing the mountains, the snow, the Cold.
I love winter.
And for the first time in years, we've actually received enough snow fall for it actually to be considered winter.
So to be taken away from that. Was difficult.

Honestly, it was on my mind a lot, the winter. Wanting to be back in the cold.

It was on my mind the day we were to leave the sunny beaches of the south and fly home. Home to my mountains, to the cold, to the winter, to the Snow.

I yearned for it.
To be back amongst the white and mountains on the horizon.

You can't imagine my excitement to see the first traces of snow, from the air, to see the flatlands change into mountains, to see the familiar skyline of my hometown from above.

And then.
Oh then.
That first wift of cold air blowing past me as I stepped off the plane.
It was electrifying.

lol.
My sister said later, that I was like a 'dead battery' on the entire journey home. Lethargic, quiet, zoned out.

But as soon as I felt that cold air.
I perked right up.
My eyes lit up, a smile broke on my face, my energy surged forward.

Apparently it was quite scary to see how fast I did a 180 lol. ;) lol

But it was oh so true!
ENERGY!!
I really perked up, breathing in the cold dry mountain air.
Home.
I was home.

I've felt so much better since I've stepped off that plane.
Enjoying the snow like none other.
Feeling almost hyper about it. lol. :)

Pretty sure everyone else thinks I'm crazy haha.

But it's true.

So.
For future reference.
If I'm in need of an 'energy pick me up'
Cold/Winter/Snow or Red Rock Country will do just fine. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment