Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Cichlid Sale

I'd been looking forward to yesterday for nearly a week.
Why?
Because on Sunday our current store sale at work ended.
Which meant that new sales would start Monday morning.

And I was anxious to see what fish would go on sale.
As I wanted to buy some.
But the fish that were on sale last week, the cichilds, weren't what I wanted to buy.
>.< And hadn't wanted to buy for the past three months.
Because since October, it seems like we've had the same fish on sale. With no variation unless there was a holiday.

So yesterday, I was very anxious.
Anxious to see what new fish would go on sale.
>.<
You can imagine my disappointment. My huge disappointment Monday morning.
To see that once again.
Just the Cichlids have gone on sale. >.< UGH!!!
I mean, at least more of the Cichlids went on sale than before.
But that isn't the type of fish I wanted to buy!!

I was rather upset at this news.
I mean. It's four months now. FOUR MONTHS that we've only had Cichlids on sale. FOUR MONTHS!! Agh. (okay Glofish as well have also been on sale for four months, but basically Cichlids for the most part)

So there I was. Fuming.
Here I was wanting to get fish on sale.
And none of the fish I wanted to buy, had gone on sale!

Agh!!
>.< There was no way at all that I would be waiting another month in hopes that the Cichlids would finally get a break from being on Sale and give the other fish a turn.

Which meant...I would be buying fish not on sale. >.<
Not happy about that.
Happy I was finally buying fish.
But not happy that they weren't fish on sale.

However. As I was fuming over this.
I happened to look up and see one of my regular customers walking to me.
To which I was surprised.
As I'd just seen this customer a couple of days ago. Saturday.
So I wasn't expecting to see them again for at least another couple of weeks, because that's how it usually averages out.

To my surprise, this customer had come into the store.
Specifically to see me. Yesterday.

Why?
Because when I saw them Saturday, I had shown them pictures of my new fish tank,  and told them of my plan to buy fish.

So what did they do?
They came into the store.
And gave me a gift card. To my work. As a Birthday/Christmas Present so that I could buy fish!!!

()_()
Talk about jaw on the ground in surprise.
Because it wasn't like $10 or anything like that.
No I was given a larger amount than that.

Just for fish.

Talk about Gratitude on my part.
I was surprised, happy, and thankful.

I mean, it's rare for customers to want to do something for the employees that help them out and talk to them in stores.
So to have one of them do such for me in this case.
Wow.
Just wow.

^^ It totally turned my day around.
And.
I got 14 fish yesterday!! :D
Ah! So good to finally have more than my 5 glofish in my tank nw.

^^
Thanks to my customer friend. Who made my day. :)

Yay for giving!! ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment