Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Adding In Fish

There were a lot of things I was expecting when I bought my giant fish tank.
I mean, 125 gallons is a lot of Tank to take care of.

And after basically two years of mental prep to prepare myself for this added responsibility....

There was one thing I actually hadn't considered.

It's people wanting me to take their fish.

For so long I've planned out what type of fish I want in my tank and how I'm going to get them and in what order....

That it's thrown me for a loop when people are like "Hey you want my fish?"

Do I want your fish? O.o uh.....

lol.
In all reality it would depend on the type of fish they're wanting to give me.
After all, not all fish play nice with each other.
And I don't want to take on fish I didn't want in the first place that could eat the fish I did want in the first place.

I mean....what fun would a fish tank be if the fish within are fish that killed all the fish I did want?
Not fun at all.

The annoying thing....
Is when people try to guilt me into taking their fish.

"I'm not taking care of them." they say. "They're suffering" they say.

And they give you this look when you say "sorry I can't" that basically says: "How could you be such a monster!? Don't you know these fish are suffering? HELP THEM!"

>.<
I mean, I'll do what I can to help out, suggest other people who can take fish or other solutions.
But it's not my fault the fish are suffering.
It's not my fault that you bought them or that you decided to stop caring for them.
That you're trying to push off your responsibility onto someone else.

*shakes head*

Yah, definitely don't like this unforeseen circumstance on having a large fish tank.
Hopefully I don't have this occurrence pop up too often.

As I really do hate saying no.
I like helping where I can.
But when I can't. I honestly can't.
I have to keep my own fish in my tank as a first priority after all. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment