Saturday, February 25, 2017

Wrong Number

The problem with having more than one person in your contact list with the same name...
Is that sometimes you mistake them for the other person and then end up calling/texting the wrong person.

So.
There I was.
Attempting to text a coworker friend of mine to you know....complain about work.
Since they no longer work at my work, I don't end up texting them that often.
Usually just when someone/something really irks me or I find something funny that sort of thing.

So I decided to text my friend the other day.
Venting some frustrations.
And was confused as to why they weren't texting me back.

I figured they were busy and didn't think more of it.

Until I got a text back tonight from my coworker.
That basically said. "That moment when a random stranger texts you complaining about work, but you have no idea what's going on so while you want to sympathize...you can't."

I was like "I know right! That's not fun when it happens."

And they were like "Yah, but I'm totally with you in spirit! Hope it goes well!"

*blink blink*

oh.
OH.
OOOHHHHH

It hit me then.
That it wasn't my coworker texting me a frustration of their own.
But that this was in fact...probably....a random stranger....that I'd been texting.
and they were like "Who is this random person!"

To double check I was like. "Oh....am I by chance texting a random number? As this used to belong to my coworker."

Answer?
Yah.
Yah it was. lol.
Oops.

It turns out that the number I thought was my coworker's....wasn't theirs.
It wasn't even a person with their same name.
I'd had two contacts with the same name, but ended up texting the wrong number...only that number no longer belonged to a person with the same name of my coworker. lol.

Oops.
But hey.

We had a nice brief chat after that point.
Which was rather fun.
Though the person on the other end is probably like "Well that was random."

We'll probably never talk again.
But hey.
It was good to meet a random stranger today. :) lol.
Even if it was just via texting.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment