Saturday, February 18, 2017

Mad At Work?

My Manager believes I'm mad at him.

Why?
Because he's scheduling me to work Saturday evenings.
When it's well known that I prefer working Morning shifts.
Mostly because I like 'doing' rather than 'talking'
And Morning shifts means a lot of doing.
While evening shifts means a lot of talking.

But because our DM has set the standard that our 'best' people should work during the 'busiest' times of the day on Saturdays.
And I'm obviously the best person in my department. -Quick, Knowledgeable, Experienced....
It means for the forseeable future...I'm going to be working Saturday evenings. >.< Boo.

Now.
I'm obviously not pleased about this turn of pace.
Because like I said. I prefer doing things over talking to people.

But that doesn't mean I'm angry.

No.
Angry is sending a cart flying across the floor to bump against a fish stand.
Angry is forcefully throwing packages of bedding onto the floor with loud thumps.
Angry is raising my voice, talking back to the manager, and refusing to listen to orders to go home.

That is me angry.
That is me at my breaking point of frustrated.

And in the handful of years I've worked at Starsmet.
I've only blown up like that once.
And that was because I was stressed out, frustrated, understaffed, and dealing with a manager who wasn't listening to me.

But me getting angry about a schedule change?
*shrugs*
Not really happening currently lol.
I'm used to the twists and turns of retail scheduling.
And I know that for a while I have to work shifts I don't want to work.
For the 'greater good' of the store. Blah blah blah.

It's just one of those things I'm resigned to happening.
I don't like it when it does happen.

But it's nothing worth getting upset about.
Schedules are schedules. Work is work.
I can tolerate it.
Because I know in retail...that nothing lasts forever.

So for now I have to deal with one evening shift a week.
I don't like that it's on the busiest day of the week.
But hey.
That's life.

;)
And it doesn't mean that I won't give my managers the puppy dog eyes, and sad sighs, and the 'but I like morning shifts!" routine. lol. If only so they recognize that I really would prefer to not work during that time.

But me? Be angry about it?
Nah.
It's not worth the energy it takes to keep that up. lol

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment