Thursday, February 23, 2017

Shaking Hands

When I returned from my mission, I met a beautiful young woman with long black hair down to her waist.
She had beautiful, big honey eyes and a contagious smile.
She captivated me from the first moment I saw her.

My wife had set the goal to get married in the temple, although back then the nearest temple required a trip of over 4,000 miles.

Our civil marriage ceremony was both happy and sad, for we were married with an expiration date.
The officer pronounced the words "And now I declare you husband and wife," but immediately after, he said, "until-death do you part."

So with sacrifice we set out to purchase a one-way ticket to the Mesa Arizona Temple.

In the temple, as we were kneeling down at the altar an authorized servant pronounced the words I longed for, which declared us husband and wife for time and for all eternity.

A friend took us to Sunday School.
During the meeting he stood up and introduced us to the class.
As the meeting came to a close, a brother approached me and shook my hand, leaving a 20-dollar bill in it.
Soon after, another brother reached out to me as well, and to my surprise, he also left a bill in my hand.
I quickly looked for my wife, who was across the room, and shouted, "Blanqury, shake hands with everyone!"

Soon we had gathered enough money to return to Guatemala.

-Enrique R. Falabella -The Home: The School of Life -April 2013 General Conference

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment