Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Strong Arms

I went shopping for food today.
Because, despite what my coworkers think.
I actually do eat food.
Well...I do eat more than the crackers they see me eating at work. lol.

In any case.
I was only going to the store to get 'top off' supplies.
Minor things that I was running out of.
Like bread, ...more crackers for work....muffins, some veggies, more juice. That sort of thing.

It only ended up being like two bags of stuff, and then two gallons of my juice by the time I was done.

Which as I was leaving the checkout line.
I figured.
It's not that much stuff.

Why should I push a cart all the way out to my car when I could easily carry everything there?

So I pushed my cart to the cart return (still in the store) and paused to load up my arms with my groceries.

And this guy walks past and says "Wow, you're strong."

O.o
Uhh.
^-^ huh. "Thanks." lol.

It caught me off guard really.

Because it didn't strike me that my things were particularly heavy.
I mean the juice, yah that's not easy to carry to gallons of that while arms full of groceries.

But I've carried a lot more than what I had in my cart before.
To no comment.

Where I've had like six bags stuff full of groceries on each arm, gallons of juice and soda in hand....

After all.
It's one trip or bust right? lol.

That's the college student mentality.
If I can't get all the groceries in to the house in one trip...what's the point? lol.

So to have me rather lightly loaded up....
It was rather amusing to think that the guy thought I was strong for being willing to walk out of the store to my car without having my groceries in the cart. :)

But I am grateful he took the time to mention that as he walked by.
As it totally brightened the rest of my day. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment