Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Are You Talking To Each Other?

I overheard the oddest conversation today while I was grabbing lunch today.
It wasn't like the conversation itself was odd.
It was typical day to day things. A couple basically updating themselves on their day and such.

However, it was the way the conversation was spoken that made it difficult for me to focus on my own goals of doing some writing.

Because the way the two of them were speaking to each other.
It didn't sound like they were actually talking to each other.

No, if I hadn't seen them actually speaking together. I would have assumed that there were two other people there with them, who were staying silent.
Because it felt like there should be four people in on those conversations instead of just the two.

It's hard to explain it.
But in conversations there's usually a flow to them. Some give and take, changing in pitches and tones to indicate different emotions and such.

However, these two...
It didn't sound like they were speaking to each other.
There was none of that give and take.
They spoke in the same way. No tonal changes to indicate turns being taken. Both were trying to have control of the conversation but weren't giving way to the other.
So it sounded like both of them were monologuing  to a silent partner. Even when it was to each other.
So weird.

I still can't get my head around it.
Ugh.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment