Friday, February 3, 2017

Comfortable Writing

I've been talking with friends recently, about our different writing styles.

And it's interesting to note.
That my friends tend to work best in their writing...
When there is silence.

Occasionally they'll have soft music playing or something.
But for the most part.

They need quiet.
Noise of any sort, whether it be talking, the TV, music, or anything of the sort...they can't stand to have around them.
I guess it makes it difficult for them to concentrate on their plots and stories and such.

For me though...
It's different.

Not that I've written as much as they, lol.
But I tend to need a distraction of sorts going on around me in order to be able to focus.
I need background noise. Whether it's sight or sound based. I work best with distraction.
Why?
I think I just have trouble with silence, as I feel that I need to be 'doing more' in order to feel comfortable writing.

So as long as there's something going on, I can relax and focus on the story.

Which is why I often write in church while listening to the speakers talk.
But it's not like I can just sit in my room and have music playing, or write while watching TV.

I do best with writing out of the house. Away from the familiar and comfortable.

I guess I write best when there's a slight tension in the air?

Who knows.

In any case.
I've been doing a bit of writing this week.
Mostly in public places, usually after I get off work.
I grab a bite to eat, and jot down ideas and concepts for a bit before heading home.

It's been nice. To say in the least.
lol I really need to write more and stop finding excuses not to.
Until that point....
At least I know myself well enough to know areas I can write in, even if I can't get to them all the time. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment