Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Small Size

I just had an epiphany!!

You see, a couple days ago at work, we got in our fish shipment.
And I had noticed that it was really small, compared to our usual shipments.
As usually we have 3 or 4 levels of boxes full of fish to put out.
And that day, we only had 2 levels.

Which truthfully, was a good thing. Because our fish shipment came in super cold this week.
Like the water temperatures were in the low 50s. :S
Considering they're usually in the 70s or the high 60s....50s is really cold.

Cold enough to kill almost half the fish it seemed like.
Y_Y Which was super depressing by the way.
To see bag after bag of fish floating lifeless.

Though it wasn't all bad....as once the waters warmed up a bit....some of those dead fish came alive!
Dun dun dun.

In any case.
I was confused about why the shipment was so small.
And randomly thinking about it today.

I realized why it was so small.

It was because neither my manager and I were there on either of the days that we usually count the fish on.

You see, we do weekly fish counts in order to keep an accurate inventory of what fish we have in the store.
As with any live creature....some of them end up dying throughout the week.
Others arrive dead...like they did this time around.
So once a week, me or my manager go through and count all the fish and adjust the numbers as necessary.

That way, we would get fish to replace the ones we lost when our fish shipment came.
However,
If no count is done....
We don't get as many replacement fish.
Because our inventories would still show that we have fish we don't have.

Hence.
Why our fish shipment was so small this week.
As we only got fish to replace the ones we SOLD.
Not the ones we Lost.

Which means, that the 2 levels of boxes now makes sense.
Because that's would coincide with the amount of fish we sell in a 'normal' week.

Which means, this week, when I do get the fish count done....we're going to get a huge fish shipment in.
Hopefully. :)

But I'm happy I figured out the mystery. ^-^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment