Friday, January 6, 2017

Delayed

It's been rather a fun week here in CollegeTown.
Why?
Because it's finally snowed! That's why.
And not just one day for a couple of hours before melting away.
No this has been full on two day storms and the like, dumping a foot or so of snow onto the ground with temperatures staying low enough to keep the snow from disappearing!!

It's full on amazing!
Honestly, I feel like we haven't had it snow like this in Happy Valley since my first couple of years of College.
So to say I'm loving all the white is a bit of an understatement. I'm LOVING IT!!

lol.
However,
Despite how much I love the snow.
It has had it's drawbacks this week.

>.<
Mostly in regards to getting to work on time.

As you see, it's mostly been snowing heavily at night.
And for whatever reason, the snow plows haven't had a chance to plow the roads when I end up going to work in the morning.
Which is pretty early. Before dawn type of shifts and such.

It's been rather fun to use the Four Wheel Drive on my car. lol. Otherwise...I probably wouldn't have made it out of my driveway those mornings lol.

Still. I love the snow.
So I'm pretty confident driving in it, even if the roads aren't plowed.
Other drivers....not so much.

To say that they drive slow is an understatement. They drive at the speed of grass growing.

I mean, I understand that driving slow is necessary when the roads have six inches of snow covering them.
But I wish the drivers wouldn't drive slow in front of me.
As they've made it difficult to get to work on time. What with everyone going 15mph everywhere. I kinda need to drive a bit faster than that to get to work in a timely manner.
*exhales*

Which is why I've been late to work almost every day this week.
Because people are driving too slowly in the snow storms.
I can understand going under the speed limit. But if the zone is 45....going 15 is a bit excessive in slowness.

Of course I could get around this slow down by leaving earlier.....
*exhales*
Hopefully, if it snows again, it won't cause me to be late again.
As I really don't like being late to things. >.< Especially my job.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment