Friday, September 15, 2017

The Quirks We Have

Roommates always create such interesting dynamics. 
Because each one isn't the same as the previous one. 

Like you could get a roommate that's super paranoid about locking the doors.
Or another who can't stand to leave dishes in the sink for more than like an hour before demanding it be cleaned.
There's also the roomies that are hardly ever home.
Or the ones that are always in the living room watching TV. 

So it's like...you get used to the dynamic of one roommate, how to work around them or with them to create a more happy environment. 
And then they move out, and a new one moves in.
But you're used to the old dynamic, and so you do things because the old roomie had that particular quirk you needed to work around...
Only to find that the new roomie doesn't really care. It's not a quirk for them. It's not something that gets on their nerves. 

So it's always a matter of figuring out the new dynamic, how to work with them to ensure that no ill feelings develop between the two of you.

This sort of thought has been on my mind for the past couple of days.

Because I've recently acquired a new roomie. 

And it's been so weird to have her not be bugged by the things the old roomies was bugged with. 
If that makes sense?

But because it bugged the old roomie and I've taken care to keep that thing from bugging the old roomie, it now bugs me a little bit when the thing isn't done because I've been diligent in not letting it be an issue between us. However, the new roomie doesn't seem to care about the thing at all. So now I'm like...do I still need to be caring about this little quirk that the old roomie didn't like having to deal with, or is it something I can just let return to my normal? 
*shakes head*

I have no idea.
But it is jarring a bit lol.
Not in a bad way. 
It's just weird how old roomies can influence your actions to the point where you continue doing the action even after they've left. 
*shakes head* 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment