Sunday, September 17, 2017

You Okay?

It's weird....weird when people are observant. 
I mean...I'm used to kinda sensing how people are feeling, being aware of if they're in a good mood or not, or if they're not feeling well. It's kinda an energy/aura/bubble thing. 
But it's so weird when people do it to me.

Because I don't expect them to be able to.
I don't always show the emotions I'm feeling. 
Especially at work.
I try to stay on the more...happy side? I mean, it's customer service all day, so you have to put on a mask of a "can I help you" sort of personality and smile and ensure the customers are having a good time in the store etc. 

But either I'm letting my 'work mask' slip a bit more...
-Which I tend to slowly do as I get comfortable in the work environment or around other employees as I get used their presence in the store. 

Or else my manager is actually more observant than I gave him credit for.

You see, Friday night/Saturday Morning I had another one of those headaches. (like usual) Surprisingly it wasn't a nuclear headache. Just one that hung out before I went to bed, let me sleep, and then was present when I woke up the next morning. 
So hey...at least this particular headache was considerate in letting me sleep through the night. 

And I was...alright when I went into work for the dreaded "all day shift" Where I go in just before the lunch rush and stay until just before close. (I hate this shift) 

The headache had left me feeling a bit shaky. Weak-kneed really. I just wanted to sit down and not do anything.
So eight hours on my feet...definitely wasn't fun.

But I was holding up the act rather well I think.
Especially because my coworker went and got me a Dr. Pepper while she was out on lunch, which was amazing in giving me just enough energy to not feel tired. So yay.

but I was checking in with a manager.
And they were suddenly like "Are you suffering from another headache again?" 

-Because over the past month or so I'd been a bit more vocal on when I'm suffering with a headache. 

But beyond the one coworker I hadn't mentioned it yesterday at work. *shakes head*
So it threw me off a bit. Like...How did you?
So I was like "I had one that lasted the night, but it's good now." 

And he said "I could tell. I mean, you're kind seem like you're in a "don't want to listen or talk to people today" sort of mood.

Mmmm 
lol. Yah, kinda. I really just didn't want to be working my work shift but overall I was alright talking with customers.
But true. Very true. The less customers I had to deal with the better in my opinion.

It's just weird.
That somehow, my manager knew that I wasn't being my usual self yesterday. Because honestly, I thought I'd been doing pretty well. *shakes head*

lol. Ah well. It was nice to have the manager showing concern at least. :) 
Still weird that they asked before I told them though. 
Still very weird.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment