Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Finger Injuries

So I cut my finger cooking Sunday night. 
Why?
Because packaging is difficult to open and blades apparently like to slip suddenly.

It was nothing too major, more like a deep paper cut than anything. It bled a bit and then a Band-Aid made it all better.

However...mentally I was stressing.
Why?

Because I have work. 
And this injury was on my hand. 

And the last time I injured my hand and then went to work and scrubbed tanks...
I ended up getting this major issue in my left hand/arm with the lymphnodes swelling and an infection disease taking up residence and yah...still kinda healing from that. I haven't used my left hand to scrub tanks in nearly two years because of that. 

And here I was, confronted with another cooking related injury.
Though instead of being burned I was cut.
Instead of it being on my left middle finger it was on my right middle finger.

And there's came my problem.

My hand has healed now from it's year and a halfish long issue. 
But I haven't yet given that hand back the responsibilities of scrubbing tanks.
Because what if?

But now.
NOW.
My right hand is injured.
The hand that Does scrub tanks. 

I really didn't want another issue to pop up from doing my job.
So I've taken precautions, and spent the last couple of shifts keeping a Band-Aid over the cut and my hand out of the water so that I greatly decreased the risk of any infection taking hold. Allowing the cut to heal a bit first before I attempted anything.

Which, today I did so.
I used my right hand to clean fish tanks today.
*deep breath* 

Here's to hoping that nothing comes of that. That the cut has healed enough for it not to be an issue. 
:) 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment