Sunday, September 3, 2017

Fasting Pain

Apparently...Fast Sundays just aren't a good day for me.
*exhales* 
As it feels like I always end up with a major headache on those days.

Which probably tells me...that I really shouldn't try fasting while interacting with other people.
I guess it just drains my energy levels and tenses me up?

Who knows.

I honestly thought today would be better.

Mostly because with the new school year, we'd switched to a new time in our ward. 
(The joys of living in a college town, our church time switches with the start of the Fall Semester instead of at the First of the year.) 

Before today. (well technically two weeks ago.) 
Our time had been at 11:30am to meet. 
Which meant that on Fast Sundays, I wouldn't be able to eat anything until about 3pm. 
-As due to headaches, I usually break my fast as soon as I get out of church to try and head it off. 

And with 1130 church it was hit and miss with my headaches.
But a lot better than the 130-430 time frame. It seemed like I always ended up with a headache at that time. 

Now though.
We meet at the ungodly hour of 830 in the morning.
Which is by far toooo early to be heading out to church, especially when I like sleeping in on my days off of work lol. 

But I figured it would have one positive. 
Because we were meeting earlier.
We'd get out earlier.
Which meant that I would be able to break my fast hours earlier. Around noon instead of around 3. 

Which had to mean.
NO MORE HEADACHES!!

*exhales*
I dunno.
There could have been other factors involved.
Stressing over friend problems, stressing over writing, taking a nap, eating the wrong food....
Who knows.
It could have been more than just Fasting.

But I ended up with a headache.
That I'd thought I'd managed to get on top of before I went to bed.
But nope.

>.< It had to morph into one of those skull pounding hot iron being drilled into your skull sort of pains.
Ones that keep you awake.
Ones that leave you tense.
Ones that leave your mind reeling 
And definitely not rested at all when the morning finally comes. 

>.< 

*exhales*
I hate those headaches.
And honestly, I have no idea how to get rid of them. It seems like pure exhaustion is the only way to be able to sleep around it. 

In any case....
I hope that the next couple of Fast Sundays will yield better results.
As this could have just been a fluke.
I'm hoping it's a fluke.

But we'll see. 

*fingers crossed* 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment