Friday, September 1, 2017

The Change Up

I'm losing another manager again.

Which is always....kinda rough.
Mostly because I always have this mindset that "things will never change" and that my manager will "be my manager for years to come."

Only for time and time again me to basically get slapped in the face when a manager tells me that they're quitting. 
Or just suddenly disappear one day without saying a word.

That second one is worse by far.
If you're leaving at least give me the heads up that you're leaving so I can mentally adjust to the fact that I'll need to be getting used to a new manager and all their quirks. Again. 

Which thankfully the last three? I think it's three, who knows by now....Managers have done that. Have told me that they're leaving which allows me to take it in and adjust and prepare.

But it's interesting as well.
A trend I've noticed in the managers.

Is that it's always the managers who tend to 'shake things up.' in the department....who leave the quickest. 

The ones who are like "Okay! New plan! New policy! New place to put things! New procedure!" 
They're always the ones who disappear the quickest.

Which in the bright side means that if I don't like something that they've instigated....we no longer have to do it because they're no longer there lol. 

But it's interesting.
The managers who just kinda let the department flow, who only make tiny adjustments after realizing that things could be done slightly better. 
They're the ones who stick around.
At least a bit longer than the ones who want to change the department up. 

It's a stark difference.

Like the managers who try and change the department end up staying under six months it feels like. 
While the others who let the department continue on as it usually does last longer than that. 

So weird.
Really, I do have to wonder if it's a trend. 
lol. I guess I'll see when we get in the next manager. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment