Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Their Discovery

Today while I was on break at work, one of my managers also happened to be on break at the same time.
Which can be a bit of a trial in that I use my breaks to try and regain a little bit of energy back, usually through napping. 
And some of my managers enjoy chattering throughout the break...like they can't stand to not see me being awake? lol. *shakes head*

This wasn't quite the case today as it was a different manager.
But they too decided to randomly start chatting. 

Which somehow came to the topic that I like to write, that I write blogs a lot. 

And the manager, curious, was like "What type of blogs do you write."

So I told them.
My Everyday blog (this one), My work blog, my story blog, and my conference blog. 

Unsurprisingly, the manager focused on the work blog.

"What do you write in that? Today, I hated my job. Tomorrow I expect to hate my job still?" 

And I was like. O_o No? 
Considering I love my job...not gonna happen that I'd write that I didn't like it. lol. 
But I mostly use the blog to mostly post some of the interactions I have to go through with customers on a daily basis. From customers being unable to tell me which fish they actually want, to convincing customers to putting two hamsters in a cage is a bad idea, to helping customers out to their cars, to talking about mishaps that happen in the store...it's just a blog of work experiences really.

So we touched briefly on the subject. 
And then dropped it.
And I pretty much assumed it would be forgotten lol. 

However, a little bit later, when my manager and I were working on totes -putting product on the shelves- I came upon a section of the fish aisle that had been...well...made messy.
As occasionally customers (and/or their kids) get bored and end up moving product around the shelves, creating scenes, patterns, just moving things from one shelf to the other....
...and then don't put it back.

Which is always irritating lol. 
I definitely understand my parents better when they were like "Clean up after yourself!" Because I think that at least four times a day a work. If you make a mess dear customers, CLEAN IT UP. *shakes head*

In any case.
I took a picture of the section before I fixed it and put everything back before I went up to that manager and was like. "Look what I just found." 

And the manager looked at it.
Then looked at me and was like "Does Head Manager know about your blog?" 

*blinks* 
O.o ....I didn't quite see how he connected a picture on my phone to my blog....but...
I was like "No?"

And my manager was like "That's probably a good thing." 

To which I was like. O.o 

I mean....
This manager hasn't even seen my blog.
So they have no idea what it's even like or how I post.

So I don't quite see why it would be concerning if the head manager knew about it.
I mean, even if they did stumble across it...I change names all the time. Use nicknames and such. So it wouldn't be clear if I was talking about one particular person or a different one.
*shakes heads* 

Though if I think about their comment earlier about 'hate my job'
Perhaps they think it's a blog about me constantly complaining about my job? That its a more negative take on work? *shrugs* Who knows.

Honestly, I don't think there is a reason to be concerned.
It's just a blog to write down my thoughts, to share crazy stories, just like my other three blogs do to one extent or another lol. 

That doesn't mean I don't now have a wiggle of doubt in the back of my mind. Like...is it bad I'm posting about work? 
*shakes heads*

Ugh, I didn't really need that minor stressor in my life. So I'm doing my best to push the thought away (by writing it down here and hopefully forgetting about it afterwards) 
And still do what I love to do. 
Write.
And of course, work at my job. :D lol 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment