Friday, November 20, 2020

A Rough Start

It was one of those...stressful mornings at work. Mostly because things seemed to spiral quickly out of control from the get go.

Why? Because upon entering our clock in room, I discovered that the Pre-Black Friday Ad that was supposed to have gone up last night...hadn't been touched. Despite the nice big "PUT ME UP TONIGHT" sign that had been left on top of the stack of sales....and the fact that we had FOUR people closing last night.

It didn't get done. 

*exhales* Apparently the closing manager totally spaced doing the ads and didn't realize until they'd been in work today for a couple of hours that they should have gone up last night. *shakes head*

In any case.

Because those sales were due to start today, me and my fellow opening manager had to quickly put up all the tags. Which took us a good couple of hours to do between the two of us.

Which meant that we couldn't do our planned opening tasks right away...so we got behind on those things. 

It also was a day where we had like half a dozen people come into the store right at opening -when we're trying to finish up the last of the tags and pick the online orders we neglected to pick because we were putting up tags and yah....those customers decided to be semi finicky/needy...so it took away from finishing those tasks....

And yah... basically it was almost 11am before I actually could start my own tasks with opening up the department. 

*exhales* Definitely a rough start to the day.

But the bright part was that my head manager offered to buy me lunch. So I got to eat chinese food on my break, which was a nice energy boost to get me through the remainder of my shift. :D Yay. ^^;; 

Hopefully tomorrow's work day isn't as crazy...but considering it's the Saturday before Thanksgiving...I'm not hopeful. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment