Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Pre Election Jitters

It's rather annoying when you 'know' something won't happen...and yet you can feel yourself stressing about it anyways.

Take the election tonight.

There's usually a bit of trepidation around an election. Wondering if the individual you voted for would win or not.

But this time around I felt a bit more trepidation. 

Because this time around there's more of a threat of civic unrest as my work called it.

Like...my state isn't a state where you'd think of it as a 'high risk' place for politically motivated violence. 

Yet when you hear news of store fronts boarding up their windows 'just in case' something happens back down....

It doesn't do much for the confidence levels at all.

Especially because I was the closing manager tonight. 

And my creative mind could easily imagine just how things could go wrong.

Even though there was no viable cause for things to go wrong.

Like yes...other stores in the company across the country could be more at risk due to their locations.

But my store?

No. It's in a section where the only way you can end up there is if you purposely go there.

It's out of the way. Far from any government buildings, or stores that sell more 'tempting' options for looting.

Like who would want to loot a pet store?? *shakes head* 

Even more so, the polls in my state closed at 8.

My store closed at 9.

It was highly unlikely we would know the 'winner' of our state for at least a couple of hours.

So all things considered. My store was safe from any chaos.

But that doesn't stop that little worm of paranoia from wiggling in the back of mind.

Wondering if we'd have any fanatics come in. Wondering if we'll have a crazy rush.

Thankfully, beyond one temper tantrum throwing customer who claimed they were on the phone for 10 minutes waiting to get a curb side pick up (it was like maybe 5 minutes dude chill out) there wasn't really anything crazy that happened.

The store pretty much died after 8.

So it was easy to quickly close down and get everything situated.

But I have to say I was relieved to come home.

But I probably won't be able to fully relax...considering I have to be back into work first thing in the morning. *exhales* 

However, seeing how quickly my state went red...*sighs* I don't think we have much to worry about here.....

We'll see though when the winner is decided how people in my state react. 

Hopefully it all goes well. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment