Tuesday, November 24, 2020

PodFic

So yesterday I got an email asking about how I felt about people creating podfics of my works.

Which, I haven't really had much experience with podfics. But it seemed like a cool idea and if a person loved my story so much they wanted to create a podfic of it then I was totally game for them to go ahead and do it so long as they properly credited me in their work.

A little bit later last night I got a notification that one of my stories had had a podfic created of it. Where the reader read my story out loud and recorded their reading to post it online.

And like...I know how my stories go. Since I wrote them. 

And for a while I've been semi-confused as to why some of my stories are so much more popular with readers than others. 

It's probably because I've seen my story like a thousand times so I have a hard time 'seeing it' as a reader would see it. 

But hearing my story read back to me?

Wow.

Like...yes I had a couple of moments where 'editor' me was like "oooh I could have written that line differently" 

But listener me?

Was amazed. Like the reader put so much emotion into telling my story to the point where I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next....even though I already knew the ending of the story lol. 

It was just...it was great. To hear my work. To get a glimpse into how the reader must feel when they read my stories for the first time.

It was a cool experience.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment