Sunday, November 1, 2020

Who?

The other day my manager mentioned a previous manager that we'd had in the store. 

And it wasn't a name that I immediately recognized as belonging to a manager. It was a name that we'd had in relation to other coworkers though. 

And those coworkers were apparently far more memorable than the manager by the same name because I couldn't think of anyone. Like I had a vague concept of who this person was...but the person I was thinking of wasn't fitting the timeline as the manager had been a manager in the last couple of years, and the one I was thinking of had been back when I was still living in an apartment instead of a house. 

Yet from how my manager was describing this other manager....I knew I should know them. 

But after 8 years...I've had a ton of managers. Like...I'm pretty sure I've had at least 5 new managers each year...so like around 40 managers in an 8 year period. 

It's a lot of people to try and remember, and I'm pretty sure I only remember like half of them. Maybe.

And this manager...nope. No recollection.

Until said old manager came into the store yesterday or the day before yesterday. 

It was then I connected the dots. 

And finally remembered who this person was.

*shakes head*

Which it's kinda amazing that I managed to forget who this particular manager was. Because they had quite the unique personality.

At the same time...they were only a manager with us for a few months....so yah....not long enough to make a lasting impression I suppose.

Glad I finally was able to remember who this old manager was though. Because it was bugging me. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment