Saturday, October 31, 2020

Dear Me; Stop Stressing

 I hate it when doing 'new' things can trigger major migraines for me. 

Like. Just because it's 'new' or 'different' doesn't mean that I should stress out about it to the point where my body rebels against me and triggers a migraine.

And honestly, I shouldn't be surprised that I ended up with a major migraine late last night/ early this morning. 

Because yesterday, for the first time in forever, I had part of my shift stuck on the register.

Like it's been years since I've had a register shift.

But due to a coworker getting sick, we needed someone to cover 4ish hours of the register until the closing crew could come in.

And out of everyone...that left me as the best possiblity.

Thankfully since I'm so good at my job in petcare, it's not likely to be a common occurrence to stick me on the registers.

And like overall it wasn't a bad four hours. 

I was able to keep myself entertained despite there being barely any customers in the store. *exhales*

But I think it was stacking multiple new things on top of each other that probably did me in.

As after my register shift I had to finish some manager training courses which included forklift training.

And learning how to work the forklift is pretty simple. But like I'm pretty sure I was just tense the entire time as I'm well aware of how things can go wrong on the forklift and I didn't want to screw up my first time. 

So yah. Stress and more stress at work even though I didn't think it was that stressful in the moment.

But add onto that the pressure of trying to finish a story in time for Halloween tonight, all the while having to interact with people via text and my roomies in person....

Yah. Not quite surprised that I got a nuclear migraine as the night progressed. 

*exhales*

I need to stop stressing me out so much. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment