Friday, October 23, 2020

Last Minute Change

 I had this customer come into the store today who decided that they wanted to buy a hermit crab.

No two hermit crabs.

And they would need to buy everything for said hermit crabs as well, though the customer -after asking me where the hermit crab stuff was- assured me that they knew everything they needed to get because they have had hermit crabs before.

So I grabbed the paperwork and was telling them about our return policy and the customer was like "Oh, I won't need that, I live in *southern city* 

Which...said city has a Starsmet down there....which left me wondering why they were wanting to buy hermit crabs from our store up here...when they could have gone to the one in their city. *shakes head*

I nearly thought it was a bonding moment sort of situation as the customer did have another person with them. 

Still kinda odd though.

In any case...after placing the hermit crabs on the register for the customer to come get....I tried to go back to doing my opening tasks....only to get interrupted every time I tried to open the next cage to feed the animals. *exhales*

It wasn't all just this customer and their companion though. I was helping other people in the meantime.

But it did feel like every two minutes I would spy the companion hovering on the edge of my vision and turn to them only to be informed that the customer had a question or a concern or wanted to know if we had any 'item' in stock. 

It was like a good hour they were in the store, dithering over what products to get and what cages to get and what shells to get and what substrate to get....all while off and on asking for my help.

And it finally got to the point where they were obviously ready to check out.

They had everything in their cart to go up to the register and finally buy everything and their hermit crabs....

When for whatever reason they decided to take a moment to look at the animals.

*exhales*

An hour or so of shopping for a hermit crab ....

And the customer spies our guinea pigs and decides that they want one of those instead.

*long suffering sigh* 

Like they literally spent over an hour in the store.

Only to change their mind last second and insist that they wanted a guinea pig instead.

Which meant that everything that they'd gathered in their cart had to be put back and then all the necessary stuff for the guinea pig needed to be picked out.

Like the customer had an appointment to meet up with someone after this store visit...and they literally called this person to tell them they were gonna be late....because the customer was still at the petstore grabbing a pet.

*shakes head*

At least they actually bought the guinea pig though instead of changing their mind again.

But it was rather irritating to feel like I wasted my time helping them grab one animal when they ended up with a completely different one.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment