Thursday, October 15, 2020

Vet Visits

I ended up driving to and from the Vet three times today.

Which was not totally intentional...as I'd only planned to make two trips.

The first to drop off a bearded dragon that needed to have a health check because he was acting...off. 

The second to pick up the bearded dragon to take it back to the store.

Which the first two trips went as planned.

I dropped of the bearded dragon at the vet--not the one in our store as the one in our store doesn't see exotic animals, but a vet a fifteen minute drive away.

And about twenty minutes after I got back from that trip...they called saying that the bearded dragon was ready to be picked up.

Which was far quicker than we'd been expecting as most the time we drop off the animal in the morning and then don't hear back until after lunch. 

So it was pretty quick.

And I was debating about going back asap or waiting a bit so I could finish some of the tasks I still needed to do in the store to finish opening up the department.

I was leaning to waiting until closer to lunch time.

But then a customer came into the store with a Ball Python he'd purchased from us that he wanted to get checked because while giving the snake a warm soak he'd noticed an odd red spot that had appeared and some slight lumps and such...

And since I was going to the vet anyways to pick up a bearded dragon, I made a quick call to see if it would be alright to bring the snake to them when I went to grab the bearded dragon.

Which it was.

So I went to the vet for a second time.

And then for a third time when the snake was ready to be picked up.

It was like...an hour and a half of driving in total.

Which it was fun to be away from work and just keeping myself company and not have to interact with customers.

Especially since I had a closing shift last night and a morning shift today.....and a night of dreams filled with helping customers....I was glad for some alone time in my car.

But it was stressful at the same time because an hour and a half is a long time to be away from the department and my tasks....long enough that I wasn't able to get everything I needed to get done done. *exhales*

Still though...I'm glad we were able to get the animals looked at in a timely manner.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment