Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Break?

 It's a thing I've noticed with myself...where I write in order to process things in my life. To better understand them, get them off my chest, or you know just shoot the breeze.

But at the same time...if I don't want to face the thing...I notice that I also tend to stop writing. I don't want to write because I don't want to deal with whatever I want to write about just yet. I'm not yet ready to process it.

And I have noticed it happening more and more on my blogs.

Like I just find it difficult to want to sit down and write a blog post that evening and then suddenly a week has passed by.

Which does make me wonder if I'm just...wearing myself out? Giving myself too many responsibilities that are requiring more energy to do than I have on hand. 

At the same time I don't just want to stop blogging. I want to share my life with others. Share things that caught my attention and such.

Still...when blogging is getting in the way of other writing projects I want done...and I end up having to choose one over the other.

I do wonder if trying to keep up multiple daily blogs is such a good idea.

Like...with all the crazy that's happened this year and the lack of 'time away' that I've been able to get...I can see how not having a break has made things much more difficult.

It may be something to visit come the new year. To look into updating less often. To find better ways to inspire me to want to write on the blogs again and not look at it like a potential chore that I don't want to do on the days I don't want to write.

It's hard though. To break the habit and feel good about it.

To skip a day here and there.

Not when I've tried so hard to keep this as an every day blog.

Still...it may be a good idea to give myself a small respite. To tell myself it's okay to not blog on days where I actually don't have much going on and don't really have anything to say....

We'll see. 

I'm still mulling it over in my mind.

But hopefully I'll be able to do better in keeping up on these blog posts once I do make up my mind.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment