Friday, October 30, 2020

A 'Protective' Cover

So back at the end of June I bought a new phone right?

And you know how new phones come all wrapped up in plastic and such?

Well. There was this plastic on the screen of my new phone.

And I had this brilliant thought that I would 'use' that plastic as a screen protector for a while to keep the face of it safer. 

And it was kinda...disheartening to only have the 'protection' on my screen for a few days before I noticed that there were already scratch marks on it-the plastic.

And I had the thought that I should just take it off.

But when I went to peel it...I couldn't find a spot to peel it at.

So then I was like....maybe I already peeled it off? I don't think I did...but I can't peel the plastic thing off. 

Yet, everyone I talked to agreed that it was weird for my phone to get 'scratched' so easily as the 'glass' on the front of the phones is usually far more durable. Especially since my phone was only a couple of weeks old. 

And while it looked like the plastic was still on the phone...the fact that I couldn't find a way to peel it off made me wonder if just by constantly using the phone -and having the phone get hot and such- that maybe the plastic had melted onto my phone? :S Yikes if that was the case.

Unfortunately this was occurring when most phone stores will still on lock down and weren't really open to the public. As I figured I could go be the 'dumb customer' and go to the phone store and ask them if the scratches on my phone were from the protective plastic thingy...or if that was actually part of my phone.

I never got around to it though.

And as the months passed by...the sillier it seemed to go to a phone store to try and fix a problem I could have fixed ages ago.

BUT THEN

Last night.

Yes. I know months later.

After noticing more scratches and dings on this 'cover' 

I decided to try again to peel it off.

So I picked a corner of my phone and just kinda started trying to peel back the edge.

And my thumb slipped...and suddenly there was this "crack" on the bottom corner of my screen.

I had a moment of panic. Thinking I'd somehow just managed to crack the glass on my phone. 

But then I noticed a slight bubbling effect in that same corner. And I'd seen those bubbles before when placing stickers on our sliding glass doors at work.

Which meant I'd just dislodged a cover on top of my phone. Woot!

So with some hesitation, definitely paranoid I'd break my phone in the process, I picked at the corner and finally finally managed to peel the plastic top off my phone.

lol it only took me like 4 months to do so.

But woo!!! I finally got it's worn scratched surface off my phone. :D Yay me! ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment