Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Finally Renewed

So normally during General Conference, I'm pretty focused on live tweeting the talks. Writing out snippets of things I like or things I think that other people may like while I listen.

But it's not often that I feel...idk Directly Inspired? by the talks.
Like. I love listening to them and some vibe more with me than others.
But having the talks inspire me to take action...isn't a thing often done.

But there was this one talk, talking about Temple Recommends that hit me harder than most.

As my recommend had expired back in like...April? 
And I knew I needed to get it renewed. 
But with pandemic shutting down the temples and needing to socially distance and not going to church buildings...it didn't really feel like a needful thing at the moment.

So time passed.

And every now and then I would be like..."I need to get my recommend renewed" but...never took action to do so.

Until this talk during General Conference.

Where it like...forcefully hit me. "You NEED to get your temple recommend renewed." 

And I'd happened to see on the ward facebook page a day or so earlier how to contact the appropriate people to set up such an interview.

I didn't want to distract from the Conference though, so I waited until the session was over before sending a quick text to ask if I would be able to set up an interview with a member of the bishopric so that I could get my recommend renewed.

And thankfully I was able to get an appointment for tonight. 
So finally finally I once again have an up to date recommend. Woot!! :D 

Lol though I do wonder if there was an increase in people requesting appointments to get their own recommends renewed after that talk was given.

At least it inspired me to finally take action and get my own renewed. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment