Sunday, October 25, 2020

A Counting We Will Go

It's rather funny to realize just how much your managers don't know.

Like it's basically a given to expect that a manager will know how to do 'all the things' just solely based on the fact that they're a manager.

It's easy to forget. Even though half of my managers have become managers within the last six months. 

And therefore know a lot about day to day things....but not always about the yearly things.

Like I'm well aware that once or twice a year we have an Annual Animal Count that takes place where for a couple of hours on a Sunday night two people have to stay after the store closes and count all the animals in the store so we can get a more official count on how many creatures are actually in the store.

It's a thing I've thought rather pointless since we count the animals on a weekly basis.

But with recent new changes to how the weekly animal counts are done, I can kinda see the need now for a more 'official' animal count.

In any case.

I was pulled into the office Monday morning by my two higher up managers who discovered that we were supposed to be having the Annual Animal Count today, Sunday.

They hadn't realized it was a thing until the new manager showed the newer manager how to check their email as apparently the email had shown up in the newer manager's mail but not the new manager's mail.

Oops.

Checking my own mail I could see that I had received the same one. But being brand new to the manager business...I hadn't realized that the other managers didn't know about it.

Lol they were in a bit of a tizzy and demanded if I knew how to do this.

Which yes. Yes I did. I've only done the annual animal count like a thousand times.

I mean...basically unless I'm on vacation the week the count happens....I end up being scheduled to work the count because I'm the most experienced with it as the manager over me usually doesn't stick around for long enough to do the count more than once.

In any case, I assured the managers that things would be fine.

But because they hadn't realized they needed to schedule time for the count to take place...I ended up cutting a different one of my shifts shorter so I could come in tonight to help out with the count.

And it went about as smoothly as I expected. I warned the head manager it would take around 2.5 hours and that's exactly how long it took so woot me. :D

But yah. Yah for counting like 4,500 creatures tonight. *shakes head*

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment