Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Counting

The money is mocking me. 

Like last time I closed by myself counting the money for the night everything went off without a hitch. We were able to clock out on time. It was nice.

It was a trick.

As today, it felt like every single aspect of counting money went wrong. The dollar amounts I was counting weren't matching up with what should be there. Either I was over or I was under and I had to double count like everything to try and find where I went wrong.

It was frustrating.

And should have been expected really. There's always gonna be days where things don't go right.

And just because my first night of closing by myself went well wouldn't mean every single night will go well. 

Plus, I did manage to get me and my coworkers out of the building mostly on time. We were out only ten minutes past the time we were supposed to. 

Which isn't too bad, considering that I know from both experience and other coworkers who've worked the closing shift that sometimes things take far longer and they've clocked out up to an hour later than they were supposed to.

So I'm grateful that I was able to get us mostly out on time. As I understand the annoyance at having to stay later than expected. 

Hopefully I'll be able to keep us getting out on time, but really it all just depends on how the day goes.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment