Sunday, November 8, 2020

On the News

Gotta love it when things actually 'happen' when I decide to take a soft break. XD lol. 

I have to say I'm grateful that the Democrats were able to pull through and give Biden the win for President. It was like a huge wave of relief washed through me knowing that soon we'll have a President that we can actually be proud off and look up to and doesn't make me want to cringe whenever I hear their name. 

It was excitement and relief yesterday.

Though because I live in a very red state...it's kinda been tempered knowing that there's probably a ton of unhappy people in my state. And I definitely don't want to do too much to broadcast my happiness that Biden won. 

Still. I'm excited. So excited. Even listening to Biden speak last night was just so....soothing. There was such a message of hope and of unity and understanding. It was wonderful to hear. 

In any case.

There's also more 'excitement' in my state in that tonight our Governor finally issued a statewide mask mandate. Requiring people to wear masks in public and to social distance. 

I've already seen a few people upset in my facebook feed about it. *exhales* But with cases constantly rising over the past month to the point where this past week we had nearly 3,000 people confirmed to have the Virus. To where the odds of those who get tested of testing positive had increased to 1 in 5 individuals.

It's about freaking time that we have a mandatory mask mandate that has no 'end date' in mind. 

Though considering a lot of retail stores -including mine- have had a mask mandate in place since July...I don't know if much is gonna change when it comes to dealing with the anti-maskers.

I am grateful that for at least the next week I won't have to worry about dealing with said anti-maskers at work. 

I am curious to see what I'm gonna encounter when I head on vacation. 

Hopefully more responsible people.

But I guess we'll see.

Definitely a crazy week for sure.

Hopefully with the mask mandate and actual fines in place for those who don't follow social distancing guidelines....we'll be able to decrease our cases again.

Time will tell.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment