Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving

 Ah. Thanksgiving. The much controversial holiday....especially this year with the pandemic. Especially because we were in the middle of a spike in cases. Especially because my state was doing the whole "Stay at home! Only have Thanksgiving with people in your household!" sort of statements.

Which makes sense. As Thanksgiving tends to be the day where all the extended families get together. Where you see your grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. 

So it's easy to see how this could be considered a 'super spreader' event because of all these people coming together from various areas and doing various amounts of safety precautions. 

So there was a little bit of nerves going to dinner today.

Mostly because I was thinking my Grandma would be joining us.

And since she's in the 'at risk' age....and both my brother and I tend to work with the public in our respective work locations....and Kikay's kids go to school...I was worried about 'exposing' her to something. 

But otherwise I wasn't too worried about meeting up with my family. My Daddoo, siblings and their spouses and kids...because all together there would only be eight of us. Nine with grandma.

Under the typical "ten people can gather" limit that we had at one point. 

However, Grandma was rather concerned as well about the rise in cases. So she chose to stay home this year and have a different child of hers bring her dinner -as my Aunt's family were doing a 'Thanksgiving Dinner" where all her kids would make 'their part' of dinner and then my Uncle would go to everyone's homes to get their food, bring it back to my Aunt's house where they would divide the food out and then send a meal with everyones contributions back to everyone. So grandma go included in that circle.

Which is great she was able to have Thanksgiving dinner even if she had it by herself at home. 

It can't have been as fun having dinner by yourself for the holidays. :(

In any case...since my family is small enough and we tend to stay home when we're not going to work, school, or grocery shopping....we figured it would be safe enough to gather together at Daddoo's place. 

And it was great to see family, even if it did have it's stressful moments in namely that the Turkey took an hour longer to be done. lol. 

But still. It was nice to be around family again. I'm grateful that we were able to see each other and that we take precautions to still be able to see each other. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment