Friday, August 13, 2021

Beach Side

 One thing about Lake Tahoe that my family and I hadn't been expecting...was how busy it was.

Like...it's a huge lake. It's the middle of summer. People are restless and wanting to be on vacation after a year and a half of pandemic related stuff.

So obviously it should be busy.

Yet at the same time...we expected it to be less...crowded. 

Not that the place was packed.

It just...made getting to some areas or parking in some spots more difficult because all the parking spots were already full.

....In the morning.

Apparently the best time to go to the lake is in the afternoon.

After everyone who showed up in the morning has left for the evening to go grab dinner. 

As it was our last day in the area, and having discovered a couple days ago how busy the mornings were at the Lake...my Sibs and I decided that we would have a late start.

We would sleep in.

Then go to IHOP for lunch and then to the beach to go kayaking and play in the water for the rest of the day until the sun set.

And it was nice.

Because we were able to easily find parking spots. And easily find spots on the beach to set down our stuff.

Compared to the stress of the rest of the trip. It was honestly the first day that felt...relaxful. Where we could just let down our guard and have fun.

It was a good last day at the Lake and I'm glad my sibs and I were able to go and have fun there.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment