Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Puddle

So.

There I was. Walking around the store. Heading to go do some facing to try and keep the store looking less like a disaster zone. -As it was busy for a Tuesday night-

When I see a liquid spill on the aisle that holds cat collars/toys on one side and cages for hamsters/guinea pigs for customers to buy.

It's an odd place for a spill.

An odd place for a dog to pee.

And didn't look like pee, it looked a lot like someone had just spilled water.

Which is odd...because our fish tanks and water stuff is like...six aisles away. 

So maybe a dropped water bottle or something.

In any case. It was wet. The floor was slippery. Ergo I needed to get a wet floor sign real quick and then go find a mop so I could mop up the spill. 

When I got the sign to the spill, I happened to notice something black sitting in the puddle of water.

I don't know what made me look closer as it could have just been some fur from a dog or something.

But upon closer inspection....the black lump on the floor...

Was a betta fish. 

There was a FISH sitting in a puddle of water on the floor with no betta cup that the fish should have been in sight.

The fish was still wet.

And when I picked him up he wiggled in my hand.

So I quickly dashed him over to our fish wall. -Which again is a good SIX aisles away from cat collar aisle. (kinda it wraps around the corner so some of it is like only 3 aisles away) 

But I placed the betta in the nearest tank of water I could reach.

And watched long enough to make sure that he was indeed alive. 

Before I headed back to the aisle to see if I could find the cup.

Because like...maybe the customer dropped it and it cracked and rolled under the shelf?

Nope. 

No cup on the floor.

And like...it would be really weird to have the customer carrying a cup around with no betta in it...as they changed the lids so that it's impossible for the bettas to jump out of the hole in the top anymore.

BUT then. When I went to reinvestigate the area.

I found the cup.

Unbroken.

Sitting on the shelf. BEHIND a boxed up guinea pig cage.

So SOMEONE some IDIOT literally dumped the betta on the floor in a puddle of water, hid the cup behind a box and then LEFT without saying anything to anyone. 

Like...you don't know how much that pisses me off. 

What sort of monster would be so cruel to take a fish, dump it out onto the ground, and then just LEAVE?

I don't know how long ago it happened.

But thankfully the fish was still wet. Thankfully I noticed in time to rescue the fish. 

Seriously though. 

WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?!?!

*exhales* Like where is your compassion? Where is your conscience? Where is your sense of responsibility? 

It's just...gah. 

So frustrated.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment