Friday, August 27, 2021

Pointless Stress

 One of the stressors of life that I hate dealing with is the "Maybe Stress" that comes from the possibility that "Something" is going to happen and so you prepare for it even if it's not a guaranteed thing that's going to occur....only to have that "Something" actually never occur so you were quietly stressing and preparing for it all for nothing.

That happened today.

Like. I mean, it gave me something to do as our Truck is AWOL and who knows when it's going to show up.

But today about a third of the way through my shift, my head manager was like "Oh, btw our District Manager is in our South Sister store today." 

-A store that's 3 hours at least away from us. 

"Which means that the DM might drop by our store on their way back up North since we would be the next store in line.

Like...it would be considered a surprise visit if it were.

And doing the math...like the stores open at 9am. If the DM shows up at 9am and stays for at least 2 hours like they usually do then it will be 11 am and they''ll probably stop and have lunch for at least half an hour if not an hour which means they won't get on the road until somewhere between 12 and 1 pm and it's at least three hours of driving if not closer to 4 hours to get back up to us soooo.....

If the DM was planning to show up it would be somewhere between 3 and 5pm.

Which considering our Head Manager usually works mornings...showing up anytime after 4 isn't a good idea if the DM wants to talk with the HM.

And I was off at 4pm. So woot. So at most I'd have to deal with the DM for an hour. At the least they might show up just as I was leaving.

Or you know....never show up at all.

Which was the case. 

But because I didn't have much to do I didn't mind puttering around making sure my department was up to standards and clean and ensuring that the tasks the DM pointed out their last visit had been done and such. 

Still annoying though.

Like I don't like dealing with unneeded stress. And this was definitely minor unneeded stress.

*exhales*

And then there came another 'bomb' of unneeded stress tonight in that one of my Groomers contacted me to let me know that they had tested positive for COVID tonight.

Which is only concerning for me because I did share the breakroom with them yesterday as we both happened to be on lunch at the same time for a bit. 

I mean. I kept my distance from them. Especially after they mentioned they'd lost their sense of taste and smell and tried to pass it off as a sinus infection symptom instead. And I've been vaccinated and such so my chances of catching the virus are much lower.

But now I have to deal with that worry of wondering.

Wondering if my brief time spent in the same room with this coworker  was enough to give me the virus or if I'll be unaffected.

So yah for the next...idk week or two? I'm going to be back to being paranoid about how my body is feeling.

And like it's stressful because it's hard to know if the symptoms are from dealing with Smoke filled Air, or Stress, or COVID, or a combination of everything....

Though I'm more inclined to think it's smoke and stress that are causing my current symptoms...there's still that worry. That fear that i may have caught it. 

And it's just...stress I don't want to have to deal with right now. *exhales*

Just. Gah.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment