Friday, August 20, 2021

Migraine Woes

I've been dealing with a migraine for the past couple of days.

Like...the smoke from the California Fires has more than likely been triggering minor headaches for me for the past week and a half or so...however long ago the smoke descended upon my state.

But yesterday morning I woke up with a migraine behind my left eye.

It got bad enough -and didn't help that I was inundated with scents and sounds that just...sent me over the edge...that I ended up leaving work an hour early so I could go home take a shower and just...sleep the rest of the day away because none of the usual pain meds or caffeine or heat packs have helped it.

And like...I managed to get the migraine gone before heading to bed for the night. 

But I woke up with it again this morning. 

*exhales* And like....it's been a long while since I've had a migraine last longer than a day.

And by long while I mean like...a couple of months. Because I am prone to headaches/migraines. 

And while I have had headaches and migraines in that time period. I haven't had one last this long.

I can only guess that it's a combination of factors. The main trigger being the bad air. But probably the stress of coming back from a semi-stressful vacation. The stress of coming back to work which in of itself is stressful, the stress of waking up early for said work shifts when I'd spent the last week sleeping in...and probably the fact that I wasn't eating as much food as I should have been the past couple of days...

It all makes sense as to why I ended up with a major migraine that returned today and lasted throughout my work shift and nearly triggered me to call it and head out early. 

*shakes head*

And it's kinda crazy...like you don't realize how much of a drain the headache is being on your energy...until the headache is gone and your energy comes surging back and you suddenly want to do more than just...sleep. 

It's kinda disorienting in a way. To go from being lethargic to being...well not energetic...but to feel up to the task of actually doing things....

It's weird. 

Usually the surge of energy indicates that the migraine has finally loosened its hold and won't return for a third day on the morrow. So we'll see if that holds true. *fingers crossed*

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment