Saturday, August 7, 2021

Smoke Everywhere

 So. 

We had a mountain of smoke descend upon us yesterday in Happy Valley. Across the entire state really.

Which was so weird because I'd been driving around for work earlier that morning and the skies were partly cloudy but overall clear.

And then like 2 hours later I look over and it's all....smoke. Smoke so thick I was like "Is there a fire nearby?" because it was HEAVY.

A customer mentioned that in some places they were driving the smoke was thick enough that they could barely see 10 feet in front of them. :S

And it turns out....we were just experiencing the smoke from the California Wildfires. 

Which it's one thing to know that the smoke is from California.

It's a completely other thing to discover just how...encompassing the smoke cloud is.

Because I spent all day driving today (yay for vacation) towards the fires as my family and I are staying out of state for a week at a condo.

And I kinda just expected the smoke to....vanish.

Like I knew we were driving towards the source of the fires.

But I'd had half hopes that the fires had gone out enough or the wind had shifted enough that the smoke would fade and vanish the further west we drove.

No such luck.

The same cloud of smoke remained present the entire drive to the condo and like...is still heavily present here at our vacation spot.

And like....it sucks to be stuck in a cloud of smoke when you're trying to 'get away' from things and just relax.

I can only imagine what the people in Cali have felt having dealt with this for much longer than my state has as we've only had it for a dayish now. 

Hopefully a good wind will blow in. Or rain will come. Or the fires will get under control or all three so that we all can experience clean air again. 

Time will tell. 

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment