Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Oh. No. My Drink.

I don't usually drink sodas that fast. 

Like if I get a drink at work then it can last me at least two if not three days because I often just sip on them throughout my shift.

So there was my soda. A bottle of Dr. Pepper. Sitting innocently filing cabinet in the office. Where it'd been sitting for like...2 days now? As I'd bought it to try and wake myself up and had been using it as a little caffeine boost for the past couple of days.

And normally during store hours the office door is shut and locked unless someone is inside the office.

So my soda is safe enough just sitting there.

But.

At this particular moment, our Dog Trainer needed to do some 'office work' namely call various customers for various reasons about their dog training classes -like reminders that they have class starting, or letting them know they missed class and scheduling make up days etc.

Nothing crazy there. Nothing out of the ordinary.

But today.

We had a group of special needs adults come into the store.

Pre-pandemic this was pretty common. Where we get visited by special needs groups or preschool classes and such on little field trips.

It's been less common and basically nonexistent because of COVID.

And normally these groups are pretty mellow. Occasionally we have to stop one from throwing rubber bands into the fish tanks or little things like that. Mostly they just come in. Look at all the animals and then leave again. They tend to be gone in at least 15-20 minutes. 

Today's group overall was like that.

But.

The group happened to be at the cat adoption area -which is right by our office where my dog trainer was making phone calls- looking at the cats.

And I happened to be approaching the office.

And look up in time to see one of the handlers (is that their proper term?) turning away to lead the adult male away from the area.

Only the guy had something else in mind.

As soon as he realized the handler wasn't focused on him he whirled around and darted into the office where my dog trainer was sitting.

I was like "Hey, you can't be in there!" and the handler was like "NO!" and rushed to go get the guy out of the office.

I get to the office in time to see the handler struggling with the special needs guy...who was holding my open soda and doing his best to chug the remaining two inches of soda I had in that bottle.

....He ended up spilling like half of it on the floor before the handler could it get away from him.

*exhales*

Like it was a 2 or 3 day old soda.

So I wasn't that miffed to loose the little I had left of it.

Mostly I was internally "ewwwing" at it.

Like I get the dude is special needs.

But duuuude. That wasn't your soda. That was MINE. I've been drinking it. It has my GERMS on it. And like...I haven't been at a 100% this week so if you catch the slight cold I've had then it's your own fault for going after something that wasn't yours. 

Apparently he'd been trying to get into the office for a while according to my Dog Trainer. But the handler had managed to prevent him....

But now we know why he kept trying to enter.

He just wanted my drink.

Hope it was worth it dude.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves. 
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment