Monday, August 16, 2021

Where Is My I.D.?

 So...like a week before my Birthday, I went to go get my license renewed...since it was going to expire this year and I needed to update it in person instead of online this time. 

And they said it would take like a month or so to get it sent to my home.

Okay. No big deal.

Yet...it's now been nearly 2 months since I got my license renewed...which meant that I probably should have got it by now.

So I hopped online to the DLD to click on the 'where is my license' link just to check the status of it.

And...it turns out my license had been mailed the day after my birthday....

And then returned to the DLD two weeks later as 'undeliverable'

Which ??? Huh? How could it be undeliverable? There was literally someone home the entire day so if there was some sort of signature needed to leave it at the home...it should have been done.

But there it was....sitting at the DLD for nearly a month and I had no idea.

Because for whatever reason....they decided that they didn't need to notify me that my license couldn't be delivered. *exhales* No phone call (that I'm aware of). No email. No nothing.

I had to go track down my license myself. 

*shakes head*

And that was its own trial and a half. 

I got quite the ring around the rosie trying to contact someone to figure out how to get my license sent to me.

When I finally got a hold of someone on the phone....I was told that my license couldn't be delivered because the address I was sending it to was not the address listed on my license and because I hadn't provided 2 pieces of mail proof proving that I lived at that residence they couldn't send it to me. 

Which... HUH??

Like...I was there in person when I got my license renewed and the lady at the desk had asked me where I would like my license sent. So I told her my current address as the address on my license is for my childhood home since I don't know how long I'll be living at my current place. 

And the lady said NOTHING about needing two pieces of mail in order to prove I lived in the place that I was having my license sent to. 

She made it seem like it was just fine to send it to my current place rather than to childhood home. 

And I'd counted that as a win because it meant one less trip elsewhere to get something.

In any case.

The person on the phone said that they could send my license to my current address but that I'd want to go online to switch my address to my current address ASAP.

Which....??? Why? I still don't get it. I told the person on the phone that where I'm living is only TEMPORARY. That I still consider the address on my license my home address. Hence why it's still on my license. 

*shakes head*

At least they were willing to send it to me so I wouldn't have to take time to drive out to the DLD and grab the thing myself.

*fingers crossed* that it actually shows up.

Until you next find these words:
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment