Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Proper Numbers

 Sometimes I wonder at my coworkers.

So.

There I was.

Backing up as a second cashier.

When a customer comes up with a bag of crickets that say that there's "Thirty" there.

Glancing at the bag, the number didn't quite look like 30 crickets.

It looked like a few more than that.

And because there was no egg crate in the bag I did a quick guesstimate count with my eyes as I was waiting for the customer to finish checking out. Wondering if the customer bagged it themselves, or if a coworker had actually given the customer nearly 50 crickets instead of the 30 they were supposed to.

Like yes. I don't mind if we give a couple of extra crickets to customers. As I know that they can die. 

But we also have to keep track of the inventory of our crickets and try and keep the numbers close to accurate.

So to give the customer like 20 extra? Nope. Not good.

So as soon as I got the chance to get off the register, I went and found my coworker and was like "Hey did you bag up 30 crickets earlier?"

And they were like "Yah?"

And I was like "Okay, well there were a lot more than 30 in that bag. Remember we only want to add a couple extra--"

And my coworker legit said "But some of them were dead!! So I gave the customer extra crickets to account for that."

*exhales*

Like...I felt like face palming. Because we don't sell dead crickets to customers. 

Like we do. They come prepackaged some dried crickets.

But if we're selling live crickets then the crickets need to be ALIVE. 

But my coworker was like "There were barely any crickets on the egg crate and I couldn't tell which ones on the ground (of the box) were alive so I gave the customer extra to make sure they had 30 alive ones in there."

*exhales*

Like...you can tell the ones that are still alive are alive because they are MOVING AROUND.

*shakes head*

I was like "Don't do that." If we're low on live crickets then you tell the customer we're out and don't sell them. You don't give them dead ones.

*shakes head*

Ugh.

Sometimes I wonder at what my coworkers are thinking when they do certain things.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment