Friday, January 22, 2016

Drama Unfolded

It was going to happen at some point.
Because when you live with three other people.
Blow ups happen.
Because we have such different personalities.
Eventually things just wear thin.
And things go haywire.

It happened today.
The Roommate drama.

Where things that had been simmering under the surface finally came to a head.
Where we just had to have a 'clearing of the air' moment.

Thankfully nothing was broken and no one was injured.

But it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster on all sides I think.
Having people throwing accusations at each other.
Having legit tantrums about perspective.

And really.
Its a matter of perspective.
As we were reading way too much into things that actually weren't there.
Misunderstanding intentions.
Misunderstanding each other waaaay too much.

But after the roller coaster.
We'd managed to clarify things out.
Specify what makes us tick and what we don't like or what we're actually doing in certain scenarios.
And open back up the roads of communication that had been shut down between some of us.
To understand each other.

I admit.
I didn't do much talking during this whole encounter.
I was mostly there for support (and to make sure nobody got injured lol.)
But in a way.
It was interesting.
Because I felt like, afterwards, that what I did was...
Basically to help lighten the mood.

It wasn't like I was trying to be funny and make a joke out of the whole thing.
It was more, at the right moments.
I would say something to make people smile, or laugh.
and just help to ease tensions away from the dark angry storm that was all over.
As we were able to step up out of the darkness.
A bit at a time.

And end things on a good note where I think everyone was calm and accepting and a bit happier again.

It at least worked well enough that my roomies all went out for icecream together. :)
(I had other plans so I couldn't make that part of it.)
And were hanging out together without it being tense when I got back.

So this blow up.
Appears to be something we all desperately needed.
As the atmosphere in the apt feels a lot better now.

I hope it stays that way.
Because another blow up....would be rather intense.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment