Sunday, January 24, 2016

Dinner with Family

Family dinners are always interesting.
Extended Families that is.
Because each family dynamic is different.
Its always a bit of an adjustment when you visit family you don't see that often.
Especially if you're used to quiet households,
And you go to a vibrant crazy chaotic one.

It's a bit overwhelming.
Or at least noisy.

In any case.
I went over to family a few days ago.
To make Tacozanga for them.
As my Aunt wanted to make it with me, so she could learn how to make it.

Unfortunately.
I had a bit of roommate drama right before I went over.
That delayed me.

And my Aunt decided that we should postpone making Tacozanga.
Because she didn't want me to deal with more stress than necessary.
Especially after stress of roommate Drama.
It was actually very considerate of her.
As cooking Tacozanga is a time consuming process that takes about an hour to make.
And if you're mind's not on it.
Things can easily burn.

So instead we got food to go.
And watched a movie.
Relaxing a bit -admittedly when all my Cousins and their menagerie of friends and gf/bfs left the room lol. So much energy and noise while they were there. I have no idea how my Aunt and Uncle can deal with it so often. lol. I suppose they got used to it.

But it was fun. To see so many people laughing and goofing off. Though I wasn't in the mood to join, it was entertaining to watch. :)

Yet.... I had my heart set on Tacozanga.
So, My Aunt and I decided we should meet up tonight and make it.
I was expecting it to be just my Extended Family.
But when I got there.
There were still the menagerie of friends and gf/bfs there. Some were the same as a few days ago, some were people I hadn't yet met.
In any case. That meant a lot of people.

Which means, the normal amount of Tacozanga...wouldn't do.
Luckily, my Aunt was aware of this, and so planned ahead and got more ingredients.
So we had enough to make a huge pan of Tacozanga. Like double the size of my usual 9x13 pan I use.

When I got there, she'd already had half of the ingredients cooked up.
So really all I needed to do was show her how I layer everything together.

And all the while, my Aunt was bragging to my Cousin's friends. That when they ate my Tacozanga. They would want to marry me lol.

;) I got 3 Marriage Proposals before Dinner was over. ;) lol.

So I have to say that all in all, it was a good night. :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment