Saturday, January 23, 2016

What a Name

We got a new coworker in my department this week.
Because another coworker of mine ended up transferring to a different store.

Which left us a bit short.
So while I was gone on vacation.
They went and hired a new girl.

Who is going to work Evening Shifts.
Which means I'm basically never going to see her.
As I work Morning Shifts.

And rarely do Morning and Evening Shifts cross paths.

Basically if I do see her it will be to hand off my keys and go clock out.

In any case.

There is usually not much to remark on,
Getting a new coworker.

As I've had a ton of them in the past.

And upon knowing that my one coworker was transferring,
I wondered if they would hire someone else.

I had initially thought they wouldn't.
Because we'd hired back a coworker of mine who'd left and then come back to the store.
And as she was already trained in my dept.
I thought they'd just move her over full time, instead of having her split shifts between Cashiering and Petcare.

Instead.
They hired a new girl.
Which is always fun.
I like getting new people into the store. :)

But the crazy thing....
Is when I found out her name.
Because her name?

Is my Brother's name.
Spelt nearly the same. But with two 'R's while my brother spells his with one 'R'.

It's a rare name, that I've only ever seen as a last name or as a guys name.
So to have her have his name.

Totally mind boggling.

And it made me curious to meet her.
This person who shares my brother's name.

It took an entire week.
Because we work opposite shifts.
But as punishment for taking work off last week.
(Probably not intentional punishment, I usually call shifts from normal work schedules punishments for something done earlier or would be done later.)
I was scheduled for a closing shift.
And they asked her to come in (she had the day off originally)
To help us cover the department, as one of our people was moved to an early shift to help cover unloading a truck and stocking the shelves.

So I was finally able to meet her!
And I'm really sad that I'm probably never going to see her again.
Because I really like her.
She has a good friendly personality.
And I was getting along with her rather nicely.

lol.
So she does well to share my brother's name.

Though apparently,
Until she moved to CollegeTown (she's from Virginia)
She hadn't really met other people with her name.
But upon moving to CollegeTown, she's met four people now who have her name or know someone who has her name.
And they're all guys.

I guess there are two sides to everything. lol. It must be weird for her to meet all these people with her name and have them all be guys.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment