Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Speed Demon

I've never been in LA before.

Okay. Technically, I was there once before.
But I never left the airport.
So it wasn't like I was really there right?
Right.

In any case.
My family and I needed to spend the night in LA before we headed down the coast on a cruise.
(Yay cruises)
And it had been arranged that a shuttle driver would pick us up, drop us off at the hotel.

Usually you don't think much about shuttle drivers.
They take people from point a to point b.
And do it without too much drama.
Being safe is a priority to them.
Because if they crash their car/bus and their customers get hurt...
Well no more shuttle business really.

So I wasn't thinking much when our shuttle driver pulled up at the airport.
I was a bit more distracted with all the honking going on around me.
O.o
Cars would honk for a variety reasons there. So. Weird.

In any case, all of us pile into the passenger van. (you know those 12 seater vans. only this one had one seat taken out to fit all our luggage)

And the driver takes off.

And I mean.
Takes.
Off.

O.O
Zooom!
He effortlessly pulled into traffic leaving the airport.
Took us all the way over to the left lane, speeding up as he did so.
Then in the same maneuver at full speed. Took us all the way back over to the right lane to take an exit.
To go back to the left lane.

()_()
Words can't describe how crazy that guy was.
Weaving in and out of traffic at full speed.
Coming so close to the bumpers of other cars that there was probably only 4 inches between us and them.

Seriously, I would not have been surprised to have died on that car ride.
Because honestly.
I felt like we'd just been pulled into a heist movie. Running from the coppers that sort of thing.

With all the crazy weaving.
crazy almost crashes.
Speeding like mad.
All the while hardly glancing at the road as he chatted with my dad in the passenger seat.
Commenting that the traffic was rather light.
Light being nearly my version of rush hour back home.

lol.
I think we were all glad to get to the hotel in one piece without a scratched fender or anything.
Definitely a memory none of us will forget anytime soon.
It's not often you're pulled into a heist movie after all. ;) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment